I want to start this post and tell you that dating someone who’s older can work…I’m a starry eyed believer that in the end All relationships are about appreciating the differences and embracing the similarities, how much you love someone and who they are that defines your relationship.
…Here’s a list of Pros and Cons to help you decide if he’s the right one for you (notice how lack of experience is BOTH a Pro and a Con!)
- Lack of life experience means your guy is likely to be baggage free
- Dating someone younger keeps you young and there’s often amazing sexual-compatibility (women and men hit their sexual primes at different times)
- Be open to new experiences, he can introduce you to new and fun things you hadn’t done with your older exes.
- Lack of life experience means your guy is immature
- Different life goals? What will happen when he gets to be 30 and decides he wants kids and you’re too old to have them?
- While you may be ready to run down the aisle he may not be ready for it, often a younger guy is developmentally in a totally different place
Don’t listen to others
People can be mean and make comments like “Didn’t she rock the cradle and there’s the whole “cougar“ joke thing too.
If you are interested in the younger man for more than just a fling, you must choose well. Otherwise, you risk being in a relationships with somebody who asks: “You mean there was a world before cell phones?’”
Despite the cons, there are couples that make it work. If you have similar values and goals and can look beyond the age and appreciate the qualities he may possess. Just remember to listen to your heart, (and head ) communicate well and have fun.
Do you know the data behind dating photos?
Did you know that Dating giants OK Cupid/Match.com examined 11.4 million photos and found that people who post a certain
type of dating photo get 2-4 times better results?
Trackback from your site. - 959 views